The 2022 midterm election will be monumental in its impact on the future of higher education in Florida. Not only is there a Senate race on the ballot but the governorship as well. It is imperative that we encourage all members, faculty, friends, students, and family to register and then vote this coming November. To that end we have some information to share with you.
United Faculty of Florida believes in supporting pro-public education, pro-public employee candidates up and down the ballot. Pro-Education leadership in our state would have an immediate impact on all campuses across Florida, with a change in the Board of Governors and appointed Board of Trustees of our colleges and universities.
Prioritizing pro-education candidates in all down ballot races will aid in changing the face of the Florida Legislature, which has dealt some hard hits to our education system in FL, both higher ed and K-12.
Things you can do & share with your classes
- UFF General Election Guidance
- includes important legal dos & don’ts for sharing information with students
- Why reach out to our students?
- In 2018, the gubernatorial race was decided by only around 32,000 votes, the closest race for governor in the country during that cycle. (
- Student turnout in 2020 jumped to a record high 66%. With 86,00 members around the state we can mobilize even more students to vote.
- Inside Higher Ed news article: “College Students Voted at Record-High Rate in 2020”
- Include a link in your email signature. Examples:
- Include a FUSA branded #UFFVotes background for Zoom
Information for you and your friends and family
- UFF $10 to Win campaign
- Make a plan to Vote
- FEA Voter Toolkit
- Voting & Elections Information & Resources
- Send a digital GOTV postcard
Things FUSA is doing
- Providing a conduit of communication between UFF & local members
- Communicating voting & election information to members
- Reaching out to membership to correct registration issues
- Organizing local GOTV activities
If you have any questions, or would like to know how to get involved, feel free to Contact Us.