On March 22, FUSA members clad in their red shirts again descended on the monthly HCC Board of Trustees meeting to advocate for faculty. The persistent pressure we have kept on the Administration, Dr. Atwater, and the Board is starting to pay off.
Please see your work email for a FUSA Flash update in which FUSA President Sherry Sippel comments on the meeting. In short, after another strong showing of FUSA red shirts and statements to the Board, Chairperson Nancy Watkins addressed faculty concerns and the Vote of No Confidence by urging Dr. Atwater to convene a workshop aimed at finding a resolution before the end of the fiscal year.
There is more work to do but this is a clear sign of progress! FUSA will keep you up-to-date on any developments as they happen. Feel free to reach out to your campus reps or FUSA leadership with any questions. Below you will find all four compilations of Faculty BOT meeting statements:
- Faculty BOT Statements 3/22/23
- Faculty BOT Statements 2/22/23
- Faculty BOT Statements 10/6/22
- Faculty BOT Statements 8/24/22
edues is coming
If you haven’t heard about the switch to edues, please see our eDues campaign page dedicated to information about this critically important change to dues deduction for union members in Florida.
Get Involved & Fight for your UNion
- Tell House Committee members you oppose HB 999!
- Fact sheet on HB 999 shared by Rep Eskamani’s office
- Consider donating to UFF PAC to help advocate for faculty in Florida