Please see the linked newsletter for last week’s UFF update on the 2022 Florida Legislative session. This week, we’re focusing on stopping HB 7051 / SB 7044, the university and college accreditation bills in the House and Senate. Check out the newsletter to learn more!
This week the bills are in committee in both chambers. While there has been institutional pushback on this bills from around the state — it is that bad — it is still moving. If we can stop it in committee in one of the chambers then it will be dead (at least for this session). Here is the info: (focus on Dems of course to vote NO, but do also contact Repubs)
- House Ed & Employment: 2/23 – Wed 1-6pm
- Senate Appropriations: 2/24 – Thurs 9-6pm
- Talking Points/Position Paper
- UFF President Andrew Gothard’s Op-Ed in the Sun Sentinel
- if the pay wall gets you, here’s the PDF
DON’T WAIT! TAKE ACTION TODAY!